- Pocketbook of Clinical IR: A Concise Guide to Interventional Radiology by Shantanu Warhadpande et al.
- IR Playbook: A Comprehensive Introduction to Interventional Radiology by Nicole A. Keefe et al.
- Handbook of Interventional Radiologic Procedures by Krishna Kandarpa & Lindsay Machan
- Advanced Endovascular Therapy of Aortic Disease by Alan B. Lumsden et al.
- Abrams' Angiography: Interventional Radiology by Jeffrey Geschwind & Michael Dake
- The Requisites Vascular and Interventional Radiology by John A. Kaufman & Michael Lee
- Diagnostic Imaging: Interventional Procedures by Brandt C. Wible
- Articl.net: Key radiology journal articles organized by topic
- ACR Manual on Contrast Media: In depth coverage of various contrast agents and management of contrast reactions
- Vumedi.com: Great medical videos/animations but requires an account
- CTisUS: Great website for imaging protocols
- Biodesign: The Process of Innovating Medical Technologies by Stefanos Zenios et al.
Multiple Choice Question Banks:
Doing at least 10-20 questions a week is a feasible way to augment and maintain your clinical knowledge through radiology residency.
- MKSAP: 1200 question Qbank for IM boards. Gives current guidelines and reference articles for each question.
- USMLEWorld QBank for IM Boards: >950 question Qbank for IM boards.
Internal Medicine Intensive Review Courses:
Typically about 5 days in length, these courses would be a great way (after the core exam is taken) to provide a knowledge boost to get ready for a career of patient care.
- Mayo Clinic: $1200 for residents
- Harvard: $1100 for residents
- Cleveland Clinic: $1100 for residents
- UCSF: $800 for residents
- Colombia University in NY: $350 for residents
Useful Mobile Apps:
- Interventional Radiology
- Current Guidelines: ACP has an app for that!
- Doctor’s Dilemma: Jeopardy style app
- Prognosis: Interactive cases where you review the H&P and select the appropriate tests and therapy followed by an explanation
- QuantiaMD: Interactive cases with community responses
- OnExam App: To help maintain and refine physical exam skills. Nicely detailed. Buerger’s test for arterial insufficiency anyone? Check it out!