Join the Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR)
CLICK HERE to become a Training Member of SIR! It is FREE for medical students and $50 annually for residents and fellows.
Join the Reserves
The SIR Resident, Fellow, and Student (RFS) section is an energetic group of IR trainees dedicated to improving and expanding educational resources and opportunities for all IR trainees. RFS is seeking ambitious trainees to advance its goals and initiatives.
Here’s how it works:
- Complete the application to join the MSC Reserves (medical students) or the RFS Reserves (DR residents, IR residents, IR fellows). RFS application coming soon!
- After being accepted, you will be added to your respective Reserves section.
- You will then be contacted by committees and service lines about projects and initiatives that are in progress.
- If you hear about something you are interested in helping with, simply respond and start helping out!
- After the project is complete, you will have the choice of staying active in that committee or service line, or returning to the RFS Reserves list and finding a new, exciting project.
How can I get even more involved?
Apply for a Position on the MSC or RFS Council
SIR members are eligible to apply for positions on the executive council for their respective section.
Residents & Fellows: We are not accepting RFS General Council applications at this time. If you are interested in applying, please visit us in September 2019 when we re-open our application cycle. For any questions please email RFS@sirweb.org.
Medical Students: The deadline for 2019-2020 Medical Student Council applications has passed. The next application cycle opens after the SIR annual meeting, so please check back in April 2020. Please note this is a year-long commitment. For any questions please email SIR.firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm a little too busy for that, what should I do?
Keep in touch!
The Resident, Fellow, and Student section of SIR is constantly working on projects for trainees by trainees. Make sure you join SIR as a Member-in-training to stay up-to-date about what's going on and take advantage of RFS and SIR resources! You can also read about out the benefits of joining here.